Monday, October 12, 2009

Frugal Kiwi!


I discovered a new website recently: Frugal Kiwi (http://frugalkiwi.co.nz/). This woman from New Zealand is BRILLIANT at finding inexpensive ways to do everything from cooking to cleaning and gardening.

This week, she gets crafty and makes felted soap (soap covered with wool felt). It's pretty, and it allows you to use the soap down to the last sliver. Then she says you can use the felt for a broach or pouch.

Great Christmas gift, great activity to do with kids and others--and nontoxic (no messy chemicals or safety goggles required!).

Check it out!

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

Thanks for recommending this Web site. I love the idea of felted soap.

Frugal Kiwi said...

Thanks for the mention! I enjoy your blog as well. I first ran across it when I was in the earlier days of recovery from my stroke and looking for things to do to help with the healing.