Friday, January 9, 2009

January blues

I’ve got the January blahs and blues. Besides the cold weather, a cold in my nose, and the dark afternoons, I find it hard to face the same-old, same-old life every year, despite my best efforts to mix things up a bit. This year I went on a cruise to the Caribbean over the holidays, but I wonder now if that sank my spirits even more than usual!

I find that the only thing that really excites me is making something--or at least the prospect of it, since it’s tough for me to pull myself out of my doldrums to actually DO a project. Sometimes all I can muster the energy to do is a simple task: For instance, yesterday, I sewed a frog closure on a new denim jacket I'd bought and that gave me the biggest kick of the day. I also just like playing around with my fabrics and embellishments, looking over what I've got, leafing through photos and patterns for inspiration.

How do you handle the winter blues?

No comments: